- UPM libraries
About the Library
The ETSIA (School of Aeronautical Engineering) and EUITA (School of Aeronautical Technical Engineering) libraries are located in a qualified common space between both
Schools of the Polytechnic University of Madrid.
Although, from an organic point of view, the libraries have their own staffs and budgets,
in fact their holdings and catalogues are merged and they give common service.
Anyone has access to the Reading Room but home-loan of books is limited to
students, academic staff and administrative personnel of the University.
- Monday to Friday, 08:30 - 21:00 (20:00 on Tuesday for cleaning)
- Monday to Friday, 08:30 - 14:00 and 15:00 - 20:00.
Any Library user may fill in a form asking for new books or more volumes of the existing ones. All demands must be approved by a commission.
- 36,100 volumes covering all areas of the academic syllabus and supporting research work.
B) PERIODICAL PUBLICATIONS
- 546 journal titles.
- 250 open subscriptions.
20,328 microfiches of the following collections:
- NACA 1915-1958
- NASA 1959-1963, (1964-)
- European Rotorcraft Forum 1975-1994-
- BOE (Spanish State Official Gazette) 1995-96-
Three microfiche readers are available, two of them are reproducing machines.
- Spanish, English, French, German, Italian and Russian dictionaries.
- Technical dictionaries.
- Specialised encyclopaedias.
- Standards, norms and regulations.
E) DOCTORAL THESES
- More than 100 theses; most of them writen in Spanish at ETSIA.
- To get the bibliographic reference of one doctoral thesis you may follow this hyperlink: Lorebi Profile on Theses
F) TECHNICAL REPORTS
- AGARD (648 docs.)
- ESA (273 docs.)
- NASA (1776 docs.)
- ONERA (1410 docs.)
- Book catalogues:
- Lorebi for books: Books in the Library.
- Tn3270 connection to UPM DOBIS-LIBIS catalogue: Books in all UPM libraries.
- File cards: Author and subject catalogues of books pending the inclusion in the on-line catalogues.
- Journal title catalogues:
- Papers and reports:
- Lorebi for papers: More than 150,000 references to articles from 176 journals in the Library.
- Lorebi for videos: Search by titles, series and subjects.
- On paper: systematic and topographic indexes of videocassettes.
A) READING ROOM
- Students may request up to 3 books for use in the Reading Room.
- Users must show an identity card.
- Forms to request books are available. Users must fill in all the required data,
using the catalogues to find full details if necessary.
- Silence is required; therefore study in group is not allowed.
Offenders to these rules may be expelled from the Reading Room.
B) HOME LOAN
- The use of this service is permitted to registered readers only.
- Registered readers are issued with a reader's card which must be produced each time a book is
- A student may borrow, at the most, 2 books for 8 days.
For vacations, the number of books and terms will be established by the Library.
- The procedure to request a book for Home Loan is similar to that for the Reading Room.
- Readers who fail to return any book by the due date stamped inside the book will be deprivated of
this Library service for three days by day overdue.
- There is not home loan service for periodical publications.
- Forms to request journals are available. Any request must include journal title, year, number or month and call number.
- There are two bibliographic databases for reference:
- Lorebi: More than 150,000 references to articles, papers and reports from 176 journals in the Library.
- Current Contents: references with abstracts to articles published in more than 1,200 journals.
- Access to the journals room is reserved for academic staff and graduate students.
D) AUDIO VISUAL ROOM
- They are 5 monitors to watch the videocassettes.
- A user may borrow 2 videocassettes for three days.
- Student may request books from others UPM libraries.
- If you are unable to find what you want or
- If you have any suggestion to make about the Library
Please ask one of the Library staff, who are here to help you.
Go to: Top of page
- UPM libraries